08 September 2011

August in Our Home

August was a roller coaster of a month for the Clark household.  But through it all we learned to praise, trust and seek guidance from our Heavenly Father.

At the beginning of August my mom's brother-in-law passed away.  My mom has twelve brothers and sisters (two of them are deceased) so I am closer to some of my aunts/uncles and not so much with the others.  Gene was one of my favorite uncles.  He had been having health problems for about a year and half but his death was still unexpected.  My Aunt Helen had just gotten Gene home from a doctors visit and settled him into bed when he started having trouble breathing.  A few minutes later he died while my aunt sat beside him, holding him.  We did take comfort in the knowledge that Gene accepted Jesus Christ as his Redeemer, Comforter and King during his last months on this earth.
I was also blessed to watch my family come together and support my Aunt Helen during this period of grief.  As I mentioned, I have ten aunts/uncles and many of them are selfish and flaky.  It was amazing to watch everybody join together to help my Aunt prepare for Gene's funeral.  They brought food, ran errands, and simply gathered at my Granny's house on a daily basis to offer encouragement and support.  Praise God!

Hannah & Mr. Fluffyfeathers (who happens to by laying eggs!)
Our little farm is providing more and more for us every day.  We've had an abundance of tomatoes and a few watermelons from our little garden.  Now our chickens are laying up to five eggs a day.  We've started given away dozens eggs to our neighbors because we have so many!  If you ever need a dozen of fresh farm eggs let me know and we'll gladly share with you!!

We've praised the Lord this month that it's been two years since Daddy has his brain tumor removed!  He still drags his leg (mainly at the end of the day when he's tired) and he stumbles sometimes.  Otherwise he's healthy and back to his old {grumpy} self.  We are very thankful and blessed that he is still on this earth with us.  I know that we have so much we can learn from him.

My handsome Daddy
Hannah & Samuel went for their 5 year and 3 year well visits.  They are both growing -Sammy more so than Hannah!  Hannah is in the 25% for height and weight but is proportionate so everything is fine.  Sammy is in the 50th percentile for height and weight!  Hannah had her hearing and vision test which she really enjoyed.  She tested negative for diabetes (which I was never worried about but it's an encouragement none-the-less.)  Both of my babies are healthy and thriving!  

Mr. Clark and I have been discussing what it means to be a friend to others and what qualities we want in our own friends.  We've examined ourselves and many relationships in our lives with new eyes.  It's a hard thing to realize that some friends never really were friends or, worse, that you weren't a very good friend yourself.  So I want to focus this month on what scripture says about being a friend and what it means to love each other.  If any of you would like to join me and share something please email me and you can be a guest on Pioneering!

A Heart of Gratitude...
#105  -fresh eggs from our "farm"
#107  -Sammy's excitement at wearing underpants to bed

#109  -being able to exchange babysitting services for Mary Kay skincare (which is the best ever!)

#111  -Mr. Clark surprising us by taking us out to eat for supper

#113  -two days of much needed rain

#114  -an organized and successful menu plan

#115  -the sound of rain on our tin roof

#117  -a fun Labor Day cookout complete with close friends/family, fun fellowship and delicious food

#118 -my children looking like Pig Pen after an afternoon outside

#119  -Hannah & Samuel laughing as they jump on the trampoline

#120  -Becky McCall and her friendship

#121 -four Clark's kneeling beside Hannah's bed, taking turns praying before bedtime.  And Sammy saying, "We forgot to pray!" on the night we were rushing to tuck them in!!

#122  -rejoicing in the blessing that it's been two years since my Daddy has his brain tumor removed.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you have #114 on the computer where u could share? I desperatly need a menu plan and this just may help me get started! If so, my email is totsandteensstore@gmail.com.
Thanks,
Amanda