28 July 2012

God's Grace

Dear Blogger,
Have you given up on me?  March was forever ago wasn't it?  I know I'm constantly saying this but we were just so busy.  And now we're super busy!  Two kids + a newborn leaves you very little time to do anything but the basics...like dishes, laundry, cleaning the toilet, bathing sweet little squirmy bodies, nursing, etc.

I did want to take a minute and share that our Heavenly Father is so faithful and gracious!  In the months leading up to the birth of Amos, I prayed that the Lord would prepare me physically and emotionally for those first few difficult months with a newborn.  With Hannah and then again with Samuel, I was an emotional wreck due to a combination of hormones going haywire and a severe lack of sleep.  I clearly remember my reactions to situations being crazy and irrational.  And I knew I was acting like a crazy person but I didn't seem to be able to help it.  When Samuel was born I remember yelling at Hannah over missing coasters...yes, missing coasters that you put drinks on!

 I so desperately didn't want that to happen this time.  I didn't want my six year old daughter seeing that having a sweet little baby makes you become a crying, yelling, slob of a mess.  And I certainly didn't want to be yelling at my four year old son over something as dumb as coasters.  So, as I said, I began praying that the Lord would prepare me.  His ear is not to dull to hear and His arm is not to short to reach us...He has most certainly answered my prayers.  I have felt so much better this time.  Amos is most definitely a laid back easy going baby who sleeps better than my other two.  But even on the nights that I've gotten little to no sleep, I haven't come unglued.  My heavenly Father has given me the grace and energy to make it through each day as they come.

This is such a beautiful testimony to me that I serve and love a God who loves me and provides all that I need on a daily basis! It's comforting to know that we can turn to our Father for all of our needs and know that He is faithful to help us.

Just thought I'd share!  I also have a marvelous husband who has taken care of me, the kids, the chores and everything in between.  He's been such a blessing to me and I love him all the more for everything he's done the past two weeks.

Now here's some pictures of all of my cuties!

Love,
Heather


Proud big sister...
Amos has a shadow...a cute little shadow with long blond hair :-)

Samuel loves his little brother but isn't as hands on as Hannah.

Amos James at two weeks old.

1 comment:

belinda said...

Love the honesty :-)
We all need to be MORE honest....
What a blessing you have been given
Love BBB
XXX