30 June 2011

Two Fun Ideas

Getting ready to go on vacation?  Try a Travel Scavenger Hunt for your kids while you're driving.  We normally pack movies for the kids to watch but I also like for them to be aware of their surroundings.  I like pointing out the differences in landscape as we travel to different places.  Our trips are normally long so they will work on their scavenger hunt and then take a movie break every so often. 

What you'll need:
  • Index cards
  • glue or tape
  • scissors
  • pictures for your scavenger hunt
I went here and printed this list to get ideas.  Then I searched Google image for each picture, printed the picture, cut it out and glued it to an index card.  I made a set for each of my kids but used the same pictures in each one.  You can have your kids find the items in order or let them look randomly (this worked for me b/c my kiddos are young).  Hannah & Samuel were always so excited when they found an something on one of their cards!

* * * * * *

Yesterday I printed this Summer Fun activity, laminated all of the cards and let the kids pick activities for next week.  Check it out for yourself!
image courtesy of Plucky Momo

No comments: