05 June 2011

May in Our Home

Wow!  I only wrote two posts in all of May?!  Sorry ladies!

May in our home was very very busy but full of fun at the same time.  As you know, we returned from our Houston trip at the very beginning of May.  We spent a few weeks cleaning, visiting with family & friends and just relaxing.  

On the 15th we left for Panama City, FL for our family vacation.  We spent five glorious days swimming, playing in the sand and just being lazy.  It was beautiful.  Hannah & I made some new friends and we spent two evenings with them shopping and just chatting.  I love meeting new people and especially making new friends!


Mr. Clark & I celebrated our 10 year anniversary while we were in FL (on the 19th).  I honestly cannot believe it's been ten years...time really does fly by when you're having fun!  I wrote a post about our anniversary on our family blog so you can head over there to check it out.  I do want to say that it has been an honor and a blessing to be Bobby's wife.  The Lord most certainly knew what He was doing when He brought us together.  I believe that we fit so perfectly together...just as the Lord intends for us to be.

We returned home on the 20th and I immediately started preparations for our trip to Indiana.  In the midst of all of my washing, ironing and frantic cleaning we celebrated my 30th birthday (on the 22nd).  I knew Mr. Clark had planned for us to go to OSP and grill out with my parents & my sister and her boyfriend.  What I didn't know was that he had planned a surprise birthday party for me!  I told you that he's a wonderful husband!
Mr. Clark invited several of our closest friends and family + our neighbors to join in our celebration.  I'm so thankful for everyone that joined us to make it a special day for me.  I felt so loved :-)




Mr. Clark also works with the sweetest lady, June, at Clemson University.  June just so happens to bake & decorate the most delicious / beautiful cakes ever!  She's made the majority of Hannah's birthday cakes.  Mr. Clark commissioned June to make my birthday cake and we were not disappointed.  It was chocolate (my absolute favorite) and instead of thirty candles, June decorated it with thirty chocolate roses.  It was so sweet.

On the 23rd we left for Indiana.  I stayed busy the entire time helping Mr. Clark's cousin, Lori, with her wedding preparations.  I spent two full days decorating and cleaning the reception hall.  Then, as one of her brides maid, I spent Saturday getting her ready for the wedding, participating in the wedding and then celebrating with the happy couple.  I meet Lori during our yearly trips to visit Mr. Clark's family in Indiana.  She & I are the same age and we immediately hit it off.  Despite the distance between us we've still remained close (Facebook has helped some in that regard!).  In fact, she was a brides maid in our wedding.  It was with great joy & honor that I returned the favor.  The reception was my favorite part because every one was much more relaxed, the food was delicious, there was a candy table, I was finally able to spend time with Hannah & Samuel and I got to dance with the most handsome man in the world!!!  I just love weddings!  
I'm so happy for the new bride & groom.  Lori's husband is so incredibly sweet and I know he's going to be a blessing Mr. Clark's family.  My prayer is that the Lord will bless the new couple and they seek to follow Him as a new family.
Hannah wears the Derby Hat that Aunt Paula made (his family literally lives right across the river from Louisville, KY.  You can't live that close & not get excited about the Kentucky Derby!)

Mr. Clark & his beautiful cousin Lori.  She was such a beautiful bride.

Samuel and the perpetual ring of chocolate around his mouth.  He still looks sharp though doesn't he?

Mr. & Mrs. Clark


{ this is my favorite picture of Mr. Clark & me! }


Do you see now why I've been so busy?!  Even though we've traveled a lot it's still be very fun & relaxing.  I'm so thankful for the time alone with Mr. Clark & my children and then the time we were able to spend visiting with Bobby's family.  

My Gratitude List:

#42  safe travels 
#43  beautiful white sand underneath my feet
#44  making new friends
#45  delicious chocolates from a local candy shop
#46  watching my children learn to swim & bravely  jump into the pool
#47  walking with Hannah along the beach looking for seashells and starfish
#48  celebrating 30 years of life
#49  all of the family & friends who showed just how much they love me
#50  the joy of a wedding
#51  a sweet surprise birthday present from my twin nieces (and my brother/sister-in-law of course!)
#52  settling back into our home and our routine!


Currently we are starting the Summer Reading Program through our local library.  The kids have enjoyed this program every year so we knew it was something we wanted to do again this summer.  They even have a summer reading program for adults now!  I've signed up because I think it's going to be fun and challenging.  If any of you live in my area I suggest you go by the Walhalla, Seneca or Westminster branch of the library and sign up.  Plus they've got some great prizes that you'll be entered to win if you complete the program.

Instead of just rambling along and not really having any focus for this blog, I've decided to introduce a theme each month and focus my posts on that topic.  Just a reminder...I would be delighted if any of you are interested in becoming a guest writer for Pioneering!!!

June's theme will be Travel, Crafts & Family Time Together
I believe I'm going to focus on Wives Loving Their Husbands in July.


Please check back on the 7th for our June Giveaway (yes I'm finally starting the giveaways again!!)

No comments: